Good morning guys, hope that we are starting to get into the swing of the slightly warmer weather that has hit London, and enjoying that it is actually light when you have to leave for work in the morning.
I am certainly enjoying it and it is all in good timing for the serious marathon training to begin….
40 days to go until the London Marathon…. dun dun dun
So for all you runners that will be joining me on the painful 26.2 mile run on Sunday, 23rd April, it is that time to take training seriously, forget about drinking with your friends and hit the roads for some long runs.
To be completely honest, I have only started pushing the 15k mark and going onto half marathon distances…. but I think I will be alright?? Tell me it is going to be OK….
Alongside giving up drinking, here are a few tips for healthy food that long distance runners should be eating to help those muscles and recovery periods:
1. Wild Salmon – a great source of omega 3
2. Bananas, of course – high energy foods
3. Skim Milk – full of fast-acting carbohydrates which is most ideal post exercise ‘food’ for muscle recovery (I tend to have oat milk instead, which is also good!)
4. Oatmeal (porridge) – this is an ideal meal to have as a breakfast or a couple of hours before a run, it is full off carbs and will keep you going for a long time!!
5. Drink lots of Green Tea – apparently this is the chosen drink for runners as it is full of antioxidants
Anyway if you are running the London Marathon, please comment on this blog and let me know how you are getting on, and please help me raise money for my Charity Mind, who are raising money for Mental Health diseases, link below:
Let me know if you have any questions about the above.
Make sure you follow my blog for running posts coming soon.